We take your privacy seriously, and we want you to know how we collect, use, share and protect your information.
- What information we collect
- How we use that information
- How we may share that information
- How we protect your information
- Your choices regarding your personal information
This Policy applies to Microzu.com, brand under the Microzu name. This Policy may not apply to Microzu.com parent company. We may post additional information if more details are needed to explain our privacy practices.
Information We Collect
Information You Give Us
We receive and may store any information you enter on our websites. For example, we collect information from you when you place an order, create an account, call us with a question, create a Wish List, write a review, or use any of our services.
The information we collect from you includes things like:
- Your name
- Your mailing address
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone number
- Your credit card number and other payment information
- Your driver's license number
- Credit application information, such as your Social Security number
- Demographic and lifestyle information, such as age, personal interests and product preferences
It may also include information you give us about other people, such as the name and address of a gift recipient, or the name and contact info of a Friends & Family Pickup person.
Information from Other Sources
We may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties that help us update, expand and analyze our records and identify new customers.
Automated Information Collection
We collect information related to your interactions with our websites and apps to create a superior, personalized shopping experience. This information includes your IP address, browsing behavior while on our site, browser and device characteristics, and referring URLs. This information is collected and stored using a variety of common technologies, including various types of cookies, web beacons, and tags. These technologies may also allow us to identify you as Microzu customer, and to link your activities on our websites to your interactions with us in our stores.
To help us understand and enhance our interactions with you, we may permit web analytics and other providers to collect and process information on our websites using the technologies described above. We also may share personal information with those providers. We may have similar arrangements with interest-based advertisers. Interest-based advertising is covered in more detail below.
Microzu.com and mobile applications may collect certain information such as the type of mobile device you're using or your specific location to help you search for one of our stores. To allow any application to identify your location, you must enable this functionality through your mobile device's settings to allow the use of technologies such as Wi-Fi, GPS signals, cell tower position, or other technologies. Microzu has no control over your device's settings.
You should be aware that any information you provide in our website public forums may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect for things like:
- Fulfilling orders and requests for products, services or information
- Processing returns, exchanges and layaway requests
- Tracking and confirming online orders
- Delivering or installing products
- Managing our My Microzu program
- Marketing and advertising products and services
- Conducting research and analysis
- Establishing and managing your accounts with us
- Communicating things like special events, sweepstakes, promotions and surveys
- Processing Microzu credit card or My Microzu MasterCard applications
- Identifying you on our websites and tailoring advertisements and offers to you (both on our websites and on other websites) based on your interactions with us in our stores and online
- Facilitating interactions with Microzu and others, such as enabling you to e-mail a link to a friend
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How We Share the Information We Collect
Microzu does not sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties.
Microzu.com and is the parent company Y2Fox Inc., and as such, if you provide information from any of page in Microzu website, this information may be combined or shared among current or future Microzu entities, including affiliates.
We may share your information with third parties to perform services on our behalf such as:
- Fulfilling orders
- Delivering packages
- Scheduling and performing installations
- Servicing products
- Maintaining our My Microzu program
- Sending Microzu marketing communications
- Fulfilling subscription services
- Conducting research and analysis
- Applying for credit cards and processing credit card payments
- Providing chat functions
Sometimes we may be required to share personal information in response to a regulation, court order or subpoena. We may also share information when we believe it's necessary to comply with the law. We may also share information to respond to a government request or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Microzu, our customers, or others; to prevent harm or loss; or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
We may also share personal information in the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, dissolution or similar event.
We may share personal information in connection with financial products or services related to our business such as private label credit cards. We may also share personal information in connection with co-branded product or service offerings. For example, when you apply for a Microzu credit card, we may share your personal information with our banking partners that issue the card.
How We Protect the Information We Collect
Whether you are shopping online or in our stores, we use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of personal information under our control and appropriately limit access to it. Microzu cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
We use a variety of information security measures to protect your online transactions with us. The Microzu websites use encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to protect your personal information during data transport. SSL protects information you submit via our websites such as ordering information, including your name, address and credit card number. Information you provide to us via our in-store kiosk does not traverse the public Internet.
Your Choices Regarding the Information We Collect
You may choose to:
- Stop receiving marketing or promotional e-mails, direct mail, phone and mobile marketing communications
- Update and correct your personal information
- Cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services
- Request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum
To do any of these, let us know by one of these methods:
- Follow the directions in a marketing e-mail or direct mail or mobile communication that you receive from us
- Call 1-888-Microzu (1-888-237-8289) with your request and current contact information
- Send an e-mail with your request and current contact information to: PrivacyManager@Microzu.com
- Send a letter with your request and current contact information to:
Attn: Customer Care/Privacy
7900 E Union Avenue Suite 1100 , Denver Colorado
We use third-party advertising companies to display ads when you visit our websites or other sites on the Internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to this and other websites. We may also share personal information with these companies. In either case, the purpose is to provide ads about products and services that may be of interest to you.
To learn more about interest-based advertising (also called behavioral advertising), visit www.aboutads.info.
To opt-out of interest-based advertising, use Evidon's Global Opt-Out tool at www.evidon.com.. There is also a Profile Manager tool which allows you to manage your interest-based preferences used by ad networks, data aggregators and others.
Protecting Children's Privacy
We are committed to protecting children's privacy on the Internet and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Links to Other Websites
Social Media Widgets
U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework
Microzu.com . complies with the U.S.- E.U. Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from the European Union member countries. Microzu has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Microzu Co., Inc.'s certification, please visit: http://export.gov/safeharbor.
If you have any complaints regarding our compliance with the Safe Harbor you should first contact us (as provided below). If contacting us does not resolve your complaint, you may raise your complaint with TRUSTe by Internet here, fax to 415-520-3420, or mail to TRUSTe Safe Harbor Compliance Dept., click for mailing address. If you are faxing or mailing TRUSTe to lodge a complaint, you must include the following information: the name of company, the alleged privacy violation, your contact information, and whether you would like the particulars of your complaint shared with the company. For information about TRUSTe or the operation of TRUSTe's dispute resolution process, click here or request this information from TRUSTe at any of the addresses listed above.
The TRUSTe program does not cover information that may be collected through downloadable software. The TRUSTe program covers only information that is collected through this website, www.Microzu.com and does not cover information that may be collected behind the log in on our website.